Journey to having braces

 Back to posting here again :)

Soo basically I've been wanting to put braces since secondary school days but didn't have the courage to because first of all I didn't have the money and second of all I didn't want to feel the pain hahaha. Now, given that I have some income, I went ahead to have consultation. Basically I was rejected by one dentist because it seems that my case was a pretty complicated one. I wanted to consult for Invisalign ones cause they look much more cooler but damn it was way too costly soo nope. 

I went to the first clinic and they examine my teeth in shock! He mentioned that I had severe overcrowding and also hypodontia (too many teeth grow in my mouth) I basically had one in my lower jaw and another one hidden beneath my gum so yeahh... a monster.. so since my first consultation was an Invisalign, he went through with me a lot of details such as what I have to do, how long to have the clear plastics in my mouth, etc, however one thing that he mentioned was that the whole treatment for me might take very long and very costly and he advise for me to get braces instead. Since braces is not his niche, he referred me to another collogue of his. But because his working hours does not include weekends, I turned to another clinic instead. Well, the clinic did called me up a few times asking me if I wanna make an appointment however I told them I couldn't because of work commitments during the weekdays.

As for the second clinic that I went, I booked for a braces consultation, so a lot of exanimation were done on my teeth, including taking of pictures, x-ray. Now, my thought was that the most I will only need to extract 4 teeth the mostt, but damn I was wrong. I had to removed 5 teeth and another additional 1 which needs to be surgically removed hence that maks 6 teeth in total!! I definitely freaked out a lot!! I didn't expect to see another additional tooth in my gum, well it's not a wisdom tooth, it was right smack towards the front right of my lower jaw... being so shocked after all the x-ray and payment, I had to schedule for my next appointment. So this is how the sequence is like for me:

Surgery > Extraction > Braces

As mentioned I was so damn shocked after knowing that I had to go under a knife I was definitely scared!! The receptionist asked me so when I want to schedule doe the surgery I was like Dec? keep in mind that I went for the consultation in October, 24th October to be exact. The person was shocked to hear it and confirm with me if I wanted all the braces to start in Dec and I said yes. Paid about $214 for the consultation as well as the x-ray.

8th Dec, on the day of surgery, I wasn't able to sleep well the night before, I was blessed that the surgeon was friendly and kept me informed about a lot of information which I got somehow scared. So before the surgery I actually took 1 panadol at home because I was so damn scared of the pain. That aside, when I was lying there, he told me that I need to have 3 injections!! I fainted. He was really gentle I barely feel the first 2 injections however the third one was a killer, he did informed me that the last one will be more painful as it will go all the way down to the right side of my chin and I really did felt it. Then he begin the procedure. I didn't feel any pain throughout except for one where poke the wrong side so I let out an "AH" and he stopped and said he'll not go there. So there were a lot of suction, drilling, vibrations, pressure. But yeah the whole procedure was conformable. I had 2 stitches under my tongue and 4 stitches across my gum. I didn't really felt pain the next few days, I ate soft food on the other side of my mouth to prevent the food sticking to my stitches. I remembered one instant where my sister made smores and I ate it I REGRETTEDD!! it stuck to my stitches and it definitely hurts. Other than that it was okay, not much pain and I was pretty happy with it.

23rd Dec, extraction, I need to have my stitches removed, those that are on my gum, the ones under my tongue have already dissolved plus extraction of 5 teeth. Well I was totally prepared for 4 injections but he mentioned I need 6!! OMG!! It was super painful! I teared a little and couldn't feel my mouth after all 6 injections which was horrible!! After the injections he placed in 4 spacers in between my molars to create space for the molar bands most probably. Throughout the process, I felt a lot of pressure for this one cause force is used to extract it. Being so nervous and scared I started shaking, I'm guessing that he saw me shaking and told me to relax. I was asked to close my eyes but I was really too scared to do so but I did close for some time and open them again. The procedure went well, couldn't feel anything. But DAMN!!! After a few hours it was freaking painful!!! I couldn't have lunch or dinner, it was like sore and I kept bleeding. On my way home which takes about 50 mins, the blood actually dripped out from my mask to my white shirt! OMGG then I rushed home and wash up immediately. Extraction was damn painful!! After the next day the extraction sides does not hurt that much but the area where the spacers are placed, damnn it hurts like a bitch!! I was so afraid that I might brush out the spacers and then I had to return back to the clinic to get it back in which was troublesome so I tried not to eat anything hard. Again, I had soft food almost everyday and it was really hurting every time I eat or drink. It stopped hurting only today! Like really?!? after 8 days? I'm free? though it still feels like pieces of meat stuck in between my teeth but other than that, the pain and soreness was almost not there anymore. I'm happy!! hahaha, I mean I had to get those bands out on the 2nd Jan where I will have my braces so yeah... Hope everything goes well though.. wish me luck!

I know that this is a long post, but if you read it all the way until here, I really appreciate it for taking time to read it :))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog